Investigative Due Diligence courses
Also referred to as Open Source Investigations or OSINT (Open Source Intelligence). Intelect Group have specialised in Due Diligence enquiries and training for over ten years.
We’ll help your organisation stay safer from fraudsters, money launderers and adverse regulatory intervention by applying a risk based approach.
Due Diligence is a fundamental risk management function and a cornerstone to an effective Anti-Money Laundering program. The vast swathes of data available at our fingertips can make the gathering of relevant information difficult and cumbersome. Sign up for our training and we will make you much more effective and focused. As one of our delegates said recently,
“Massive amount of knowledge and information has been provided to us throughout the training. The techniques learned will enable me to produce my research efficiently by exploring and approaching the research from different angles, providing me the ability to cover all aspects of the research with more confidence.”
Make better decisions armed with the best information with our CPD certified Open-Source Investigations for Due Diligence course. Our training will give you the confidence and security that you are accessing the most credible data and are doing it safely.
What you will learn
- Understanding what the Internet is
- Investigative principles
- How to find better information and quickly
- Relevant legislation and procedures
- Finding the right data about companies and entities
- Accessing beneficial owner data
- How to deal with foreign language
- How to identify credible information sources
- The difference between information and intelligence
- Accessing other sorts of information generally hidden to less advanced users
- Accessing social media platforms
- Practical exercises
- Your trainer, Colin Tansley, has over 40 years of investigative expertise and continues to conduct due diligence enquiries
- Your training has been delivered to numerous compliance professionals globally and across multiple industry sectors
- Your course is CPD certified
- The exercises you will be participating in have their basis in previous investigations.
- We bring reality to the classroom
This is typically a two-day course, although we can also tailor to budget and requirement. We don’t just talk about due diligence, we specialise in conducting these types of investigations, making it easier to bring reality and real life experience into the classroom. Our material is updated regularly, so as to keep it best in breed, highly practical, and relevant to the regulated industry. If you want to access the very best online data and safely this course is for you.
The training is extremely popular with clients as an in-house offering, being delivered at your business premises, with the focus on your organisational needs. Online workshops are also available.
All material has been developed exclusively by Colin Tansley, Managing Director of Intelect.
Delegates get a free copy of an A to Z of Desktop Due Diligence.
In house workshop requirements:
- Stable internet connection
- Large HD Television or projector
- Training room/boardroom
- White board and/or flip chart
- Delegates require desktop or laptop devices (laptops can be provided in the UK by arrangement)
Online workshop requirements:
- Access to Zoom
- Time offline to complete exercises post training
- Cameras are to be activated by all delegates
You can access a download about the course here.
My day rate is from £1500 plus VAT (where applicable), plus expenses, this includes all the preparation and customisation. I do not generally charge for travel days.
Per webinar of 1.5hrs, for up to ten people, I charge from £500 plus VAT.